3 of my MOST FAVORITE Cash Back Apps to use while shopping:
In todays day and age it’s easy to get carried away with spending. Shopping for anything you want has become so easy to do as smart phones and apps have put purchasing powers at your fingertips. So I figured I would share with you some of the Apps that I use to put money back in my wallet as I shop. After all, who doesn’t like to make their money stretch and get the most bang for your buck.
#1. Shop Using the Ibotta App.
This App was originally recommended to me by my lovely Sister-in-Law. I was a little hesitant to use it at first and, to be honest, it took me a little while to figure out how to optimize my use of this App.
I am so glad that I finally figured it out because I’ve earned so much that I was able to use my earnings to help purchase my Walt Disney World Annual Pass! Yup that’s right – I was able to get a Disney Annual Pass with only a low monthly payment out of my pocket. I may or may not use my monthly Ibotta earnings to pay those Annual Pass payments – making my entry into Disney World for me and my little FREE!
Here is the run down on how to get the best out of the Ibotta App.
- Download the Ibotta App from your app store onto your mobile device
- Sign up for your free account. By clicking on any of the Ibotta hyperlinks on this page you can use my referral code and earn up to $20 in welcome bonuses. You can also use my referral code mdthvau
- Enjoy earning as you buy products that are listed on the App and by submitting your receipt.
- Refer your friends and watch as you can earn bonus money as a team when your friends also use the App
Some tips and tricks from an avid Ibotta user:
Before going to the store
- Plan ahead – make a shopping list and know the brands you like.
- Then go onto the app and pick the store you want to shop at ie, Publix, Target, Sam’s Club.
- You can either scroll or search the items on you’re shopping list to find cash back options.
- When you find a savings on the product you want just simply click on the + button.
When shopping at the store
- You can scan items to see if there is any cash back reward offered. Often times there are alternative options for the items you scan if the actual item itself is not available for cash back options.
- Double up on savings when the items you want are already on sale at the store and Ibotta has them listed as well for cash back options. I may have been spotted dancing down the aisle with a victory dance when this happens (literally have saved $15+ on a package of Huggies diapers using this technique).
- Don’t Forget your receipt!
- Open up the App and select “Redeem” its at the bottom of my screen on my iPhone App
- Continue to submit pictures of your actual receipt
- Scan any items requiring scanning
Violla – any cash back options will be posted to your account in up to 24 hours.
The cash back that you earn can be cashed out by way of gift card or transfer to Venmo or PayPal
#2. Shop Using the Shopular App.
This App is very user friendly and takes the foot work out of getting the best deal. It is also associated with Ebates.com so often times when you make purchases online at your favorite stores through the Shopular App you will not only be able to redeem coupons but you will also earn cash back.
Download the app at the app store, create a FREE account and sign in. Once you sign in you can start adding your favorite stores by clicking the star button next to the store name.
These are just a few of the stores that I chose to favorite in order to quickly access their coupons and sales. You can also see the % cash back listed for these stores which can be earned online in addition to using the coupons provided. This cash back offer is run through Ebates and when you reach the online stores through your Shopular App (you can do it by simply clicking on the % Cash Back ) you will earn the offered amount cash back on your purchases. Ebates also offers a $10 one time bonus when you use the Shopular App to earn cash back. Yay for another double up on earning while spending!
If you click on any of the Shopular hyperlinks you will be able to use my referral code which will earn you $10 in Ebates when you sign up with ebates.com and make your first purchase.
This App is especially helpful when you are doing all your holiday shopping as it will list active deals that are online, in-store, or both for your favorite stores. It’s also fun to use because the page scrolls through stores like you scroll through pins on your Pinterest App.
#3. Shop Using the Shopkick App.
I have only most recently started using this App. but I can tell you that there are many reasons why I already love it. I actually ran into a co-worker at Publix who was picking up items and scanning them and putting them down. I honestly didn’t think too much of it as people scan lots of items for dieting purposes or money savings (aka Ibotta). But she felt the need to share with me exactly what she was doing – she was scanning items to earn “Shopkicks.”
Basically you use this app to earn points which will accumulate until you earn enough points to then cash out your points and redeem gift cards to your favorite stores.
To earn Shopkicks all you have to do is:
- Walk – in — this is offered for stores that have the walk-in kick earnings listed. Make sure you have your app open when you walk into the store and you’ll earn the points
- Scan products that are listed in the stores on the app screen, these can be totally specific or random but they are plainly listed on the store you are in. Earn even more when you purchase the scanned item and submit your receipt through picture submission like Ibotta
- Purchase using a card in store that you have linked to your account. I linked my debit card but in order to earn the points I had to run it as a credit card.
- Invite your friends and you will earn more points. Use my code when you sign up FUN601271 and get your first walk-in or Scan within 7 days of signing up and you and I both will earn an extra 250 points!
I hope you can enjoy your spending a little more now that you can and will be earning money back.
Here’s to guilt free shopping!